There have been some reports where the TeX Live installation fails. It's not clear why this happens on some systems. There is an alternate TeX installation that can be used with SW. Use the following steps to use MiKTeX instead of TeX Live. This applies only to Windows.
- Visit www.miktex.org/download and download and install using the Basic MiKTeX Installer. If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows, you can use the 64-bit version of MiKTeX.
- During the MiKTeX installation there will be the opportunity to select Letter or A4 paper size and to select "On the fly package install". Make the paper size selection that best fits your situation, and be sure to select Yes for the "On the fly package install" selection.
- Follow the rest of the screen prompts to complete the MiKTeX installation.
- Run the SW installer. During the installation, turn off the TeX Live Network install check box.
- Allow the SW installer to complete.
- From the Windows Start Menu find the MiKTeX group and start the "MiKTeX Settings (Admin)" program. Select the Roots tab and then click the Add button. Navigate to the directory c:\texlive\texmf-local and with this directory selected click OK. Then click the OK button in the admin program to add the files in this directory to the MiKTeX search and close the MiKTeX admin program.
You should now be able to start SW and use PDF Preview and have the PDF file created using MiKTeX.