The SW install program adds certain LaTeX input files such as tcilatex.tex that is often used by documents. If you have a compile error where tcilatex.tex or some other package file cannot be found, then the TeX Live filename database may need to be updated.
Use the following steps:
- From the Windows Start Menu, find the TeX Live 2016 (or TeX Live 2017) group and use the shortcut TeX Live Manager to start the TeX Live Manager program.
- Use the Actions menu item from the TeX Live Manager and then the menu item Update filename database.
- This begins the update process. Wait until you see in the message area of the program "mktexlsr: Done."
- Use the tlmgr menu item and then Quit to exit the TeX Live Manager.
- Start the Terminal program that can be found in the Utilities folder below the Applications folder.
- At the prompt enter: sudo texhash
- You will be prompted for your password.
- You should see Updating followed by a directory name, several times.
- When completed you will see Done.
- Exit the Terminal program.