Here are the steps to install TeX Live first and then SW without the TeX Live install:
It may be necessary to disable any antivirus software. If you are behind a firewall, this may cause problems and prevent using the over the network TeX Live installation (see the note below).
1. For Windows, visit http://tug.org/texlive/acquire-netinstall.html. On that page, click the link to install-tl-windows.exe to download the install file.
For Mac, visit http://tug.org/mactex/mactex-download.html. Click the link to MacTeX.pkg to download this install file.
2. When the download is complete, double-click to start the install. Follow the default installation instructions. Wait until the installation is complete, which may take an hour or more.
3. Start the SW/SWP installation. Be sure to use the current installer from our Downloads page.
4. On the Select Components dialog turn off "TeX Live Network Install"
5. For Windows: Ensure the TeX Installation Directory matches the actual TeXLive installation directory (typically c:\texlive\2016\).
For Mac: Ensure the TeX Installation Directory matches the actual TeXLive installation directory (typically /usr/local/texlive/2016).
6. Use the default selections for the remaining dialogs. Wait for the installation to complete. Be sure to Activate to enable full functionality.
NOTE: Some firewalls prevent using the over the network install. You can instead download a .iso image to install TeX Live. See http://tug.org/texlive/acquire-iso.html for information.